Friday, April 29, 2011

Minor Kitchen Projects: before and afters

I'm a total Craigslist junkie. LOVE the deals I find on there!! I have to choose daily to NOT look on there for stuff, just window shop ya know. I have to be strong. But here's our new-to-us pedestal table we got from a guy...it's distressed both from the manufacturer and a little naturally ;) Thankfully, because our lives are a little distressed with 4 boys! But it's super sturdy and really pretty...and...it was only $60!! Gotta love it even a little bit more for that price!

(And those are craigslist patio chairs you see outside too...and some freebie chair cushions a fellow mommy gave me! You can't see the umbrella but it matches perfectly with white and blue stripes! Love it when a plan comes together!)

Our last table was not quite big enough, and the finished product was not quite perfect ...and was just taking too long. I gave up. This is an oval and fits 6 beautiful chairs around it!

About the chairs (not the folding metal chairs you see here LOL) I think I may have found a new place to shop for deals ~ Pottery Barn outlet! I was so excited I could hardly keep from hugging the cashier. They had their chairs (again, a little "distressed" or as they say, "scratch-and-dent") on clearance. AND the cherry on top?! They were BOGO freeEE! So SO excited. So, whew. I got so excited just talking about it again! LOL! Here's one of the 2 chairs that are padded (we have 3 pairs of black chairs that are similar but not the same). Linen in my house? HA! Gotta recover these babies. I wanted to get some of this new laminated fabric I've seen but I had some cute fabric at home I decided to use. So I thought I'd put clear vinyl over top, but the fit was too tight.

BEFORE


So here's the refinished chairs, I think they are so very pretty. ...But watching my 6 year old last night sitting on the chair with his dirty toes & feet tucked under him, I cringed...more convinced I should have bought the laminate. I got a tip that several layers of scotchguard will make it so I can wipe off the surface. I'm going to try that (because what's the point of having pretty chairs if you have to protect them with a towel from your grubby kids?). So you may see another switch up sometime if that isn't quite the protective barrier we need. ...Yeah... I need to be able to scrub my surfaces!

AFTER







1 comment:

  1. SO pretty, April!! You are very creative. I'd love to go shopping with you - we need new kitchen and dining room chairs. :)

    ReplyDelete