Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ready...SET.....

So I'm getting ready to launch my painting business "SunshineBorders" September 1st! This may sound familiar to you, as I have used SunshineBorders to cover many business type things over the years! The name came from the song "You Are My Sunshine" that I sing to the kids all the time, they really are my sunshines! And "Borders" refers to painting borders in rooms. I *love* painting murals, etc and did it for quite a while, I loved it! Then having my last kiddo, I found between the 4 kids, often someone can get sick or if my kids are well, even the babysitter can get sick! I decided to put painting on hold until my kids were older (and avoid getting a bad reputation for cancelling jobs!). It can be a time consuming business and I didn't have the time to commit at that time. I have been anxiously awaiting the right time to jump back in!

Well, I am not going to jump just yet. I am going to sit on the edge of the pool and ease back in. I plan to start painting murals again in Fall of 2012 when all 4 kids are in school full time. This next school year I still have 1 kiddo in preschool part time. But while he is in school, I can work on my business which will be all about selling paintings and painted furniture, marketing primarily to families with younger children. I love to paint the fun whimsical style found in children's rooms and painting these things can be done at home, even if I have a sick kid watching a movie on the couch. It'll happen I'm sure :)

So I will check back in when things are up and running! Until then I will be painting away to build up my stash. And when I meet you in person, don't mind the blue paint under my fingernails.

No comments:

Post a Comment