Friday, April 29, 2011

Minor Kitchen Projects: before & afters

So anyone who has been to my house knows I really dislike my kitchen. Various shades of brown, tan, and what I affectionately call "puke" (I'm pretty sure that's an actual color...Crayola makes a crayon that color, right?) ...are not what I would have chosen. Ever. So in my efforts to brighten it, color it, tame it, anything really, my head just really hurt. We are not up for any major rennovations - cost wise or mess wise. I thought, "there has to be something I can do!" and I found this great stuff online, went to my local Lowe's and bought some Grout Refesh! I love it!! We are so very pleased with the results and I don't hate my kitchen anew every time I walk in there. Here's some before pics with our brown grout (who does that??)





And here's some in between pics. I bought the medium shade they had, there was at least one shade lighter and one darker. I got lucky, it matches so perfectly. Some different websites have a whole array of colors to choose fomr, i just wanted it to blend in! It's just like paint your scrub on with a toothbrush to fill in every little crevice, let dry, then wipe off the excess from the tiles. sticks to grout, not to tiles. Awesome.









And here's the after pics! I know! It's so uneventful, it's exactly what I wanted! (Of course, that's after my first choice of a custom glass tile backsplash...that's on hold.)












Yay! Bonus of this project is my entire backsplash, even behind the oven and the oven sides & back, got spring-cleaned like never before to prep the surface! It's so pretty and plain!

No comments:

Post a Comment